What Does New Creation Believe?
We stand in the ancient heritage of true-to-the-Bible theology. As a member church of the Presbyterian Church in America, our doctrine is in the tradition of Reformed theology. Some of our fundamental beliefs are as follows:
- We believe that salvation occurs when God draws people to Jesus by his Holy Spirit. He convinces them of their sin and enlightens them so that they repent and trust in Jesus Christ as he is offered in the Gospel.
- We believe in the Trinity. There is one God who exists eternally in three Persons— the Father, who saves his people through the sacrifice of the Son and the work of the Holy Spirit. These three are one in power and glory.
- We believe in the full divinity and full humanity of Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God. He is the fullest and final revelation of God to mankind.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, as the eternal Son of God, became a man, and then lived, died and rose again to atone for the sins of those who trust him alone for their salvation. Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and mankind.
- We believe that the Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is our infallible and divine authority in all matters of faith and life. The Bible is our final arbiter of truth.
- We believe that God's Holy Spirit gives Christians the daily strength and wisdom they need to walk according to his will and grow in holiness.
- We believe all people are sinners. As such, they are unable to save themselves, or even cooperate with God in efforts to earn their salvation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return personally, visibly, and bodily to judge all mankind and to receive His people unto Himself.
The Westminster Confession of Faith is the primary theological statement of the Presbyterian Church in America.